Thursday, March 6, 2008

Increasing the effectiveness of birth control

If you want to help increase the effectiveness of any birth control measures currently being used by a couple who's never had a child before, simply show them the prices of diapers and formula.

I've never purchased any baby maintanence items before today, when I ventured down the baby isle at the store to pick up some items for the church's community needs ministry. Let me just say that the jaw hit the floor and I might need some denture work. I have no idea how long 40 diapers will last a newborn...maybe a week? Regardless, I saw the prices of diapers and envisioned taking a quarter out of the child's piggy bank every time they took a crap (not that I'd actually do it...but I'd want to since that's basically "disposable" gold it's pooing on). Then I saw the price of formula which, if it didn't give me an even more solid reason to question having children, definitely did give me a reason to keep any prospective children on that natural teet for as long as reasonable for the child's development.

Oh, and before the question comes out from y'all (since they were already asking it even before we got married out here), we don't know if or when we'll have kids but we know it's not a priority at the moment, nor a gigantic desire. We'll see as time goes on but right now we're quite pleased and content to have a family household of 2.

No comments: