Sunday, September 16, 2007

Imagination Uncuffed

Never did I really imagine that I would be as blessed as I've been recently.

I've been dating the FGF Abby for a few months now and I'm happy to say that we'll be getting married sometime in the first quarter of 2008, likely Jan 19th.

I've know Abby to some degree since we were in high school, however every day that I get to know her better is a day that I'm more amazed by who she is and her character. And then there's her family, a fantastic group of people that I'll get to share my life with.

And then there's the things that we'll have to look forward to as part of the future...details that there's no call to go into here, but suffice it to say that the blessings are simply amazing.

Things like this don't happen to me or my family much. No, not ever. We're the family that has flat tires and dead batteries all the time, that gets into an auto accident and totals the disabled-conversion van two days before the folks are set to go on their 30th anniversary trip. We're the family that needs a root canal after the credit card gets paid off. We're the family that refi's the house only to have the AC, water heater, and dishwasher go bad at the same time. So for something like this to happen to a guy like me from a family like mine...it's beyond anything I've ever imagined.

I'm a romantic, yes, but I'm a realistic romantic. And the realist in me says this doesn't happen to me. But it is, and I'm lovin' it.

Thanks for being you, Abby. You'll get your ring in good time.

3 comments:

EJ said...

Congratulations!!!

- Enrique

BubbaJoe said...

Since Enrique beat me to it, I will simply dito his "Congratulations!!!!"

(note the extra exclaimation point in my Congratulations... it is 33% more congratulatory!)

Bubba Joe

Unknown said...

I have finally made my way to your new blog and I love that you were calling Abby your FGF! That's the best!