Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Ready, set, BUSY!!!

5:00AM, get woken up by cat. Resist urge to kill cat and go back to bed.

5:45AM, get woken up by girlfriend's phone call. Forgives girlfriend and go back to bed (this interruption isn't so bad, really)

6:30AM, get woken up by alarm. Put the alarm clock under a pillow w/o turning it off and go back to bed.

7:00AM, get woken up by alarm again and finally get out of bed.

8:15AM, get into work, realize I shouldn't have gotten out of bed.

9:20AM, blink.

10:25AM, get call from former and soon to be again boss, thinks about running back home to bed.

10:55AM, meet with former and soon to be again boss, realizes prior thoughts about running back home to bed were spot on.

1:30PM, breathe

2:00PM, realize what I forgot to do while blinking earlier, attends to late tasks

2:30PM, receive message that my employees have been removed from training classes

2:31PM, head to the Training department with Nerf dart gun in hand to aggressively negotiate to get employees back in training classes

2:33PM, picture a Nerf dart impaling a Training employee for removing my employees from training classes

2:41PM, worry girlfriend by not responding to attempts to contact me

4:30PM, against better judgement, breathe again. Fourteen tasks delayed during said breath.

5:45PM, install new wireless keyboard and mouse...too mentally fried to realize I should go home.

6:00PM, see boss heading home and join her in the elevator down to the first floor.

1 comment:

EJ said...

5:45AM, get woken up by girlfriend's phone call. Forgives girlfriend and go back to bed (this interruption isn't so bad, really)

I am a firm believer that anyone that wakes a significant other before 6:00am should "make it up to them" unless they were requested to do so by the sleeper in order to avoid being late for something.

Sadly, my g/f doesn't buy it when I keep waking her up in the morning just because I WANT to make it up to her. (=